Thank you for your interest in auditioning for the Claremont Concert Orchestra!
Materials and sign-ups for the Fall 2019 auditions will be posted below in July.
If you are planning to take individual lessons on your orchestral instrument, please visit here.
Both incoming and returning students/members are required to audition. Audition repertoire consists of a 5-7-minute solo piece of the student’s choice and a few orchestral excerpts (see audition materials below) from the repertoire that the orchestra will be performing in the upcoming semesters. By preparing these excerpts students are not only getting ready for an audition but also investing time learning the music they will be performing in the very near future.
Materials and sign-ups for the Fall 2019 auditions will be posted here in July.
2018-19 Audition Materials:
- Spring 2019: To schedule an audition, contact Prof. Cubek
- Fall 2018: Sign up for an audition time here
- 1st-year students, please fill out this informational survey
- Strings Audition Excerpts 2018-19
- Winds, Brass, Percussion: Audition Excerpts 2018-19
- Players of instruments for which no excerpts have been provided, please contact the Orchestra Director about audition requirements
- For questions or further information, please contact the Orchestra Director and/or the Program Coordinator