Thank you for your interest in auditioning for the Claremont Concert Orchestra!
Fall 2017 auditions will take place during orientation week. See instructions and materials below.
If you are planning to take individual lessons on your orchestral instrument, please visit here.
Both incoming and returning students/members are required to audition. Audition repertoire consists of a 5-7-minute solo piece of the student’s choice and a few orchestral excerpts (see audition materials below) from the repertoire that the orchestra will be performing in the upcoming semesters. By preparing these excerpts students are not only getting ready for an audition but also investing time learning the music they will be performing in the very near future.
Fall 2017 Auditions:
- Auditions will take place during orientation week. You will be able to sign up for an audition here in August 2017
- 1st-year students, please fill out this form to let us know about your music interests
- Strings: Audition Materials and Instructions
- Winds & Percussion: Audition Materials and Instructions
- Excerpts this year have been taken from Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 4. If you wish to also begin studying the other pieces that we will play this Fall, visit here: Schubert, Mendelssohn.
- Players of instruments for which no excerpts have been provided, please contact the Orchestra Director about audition requirements
- For questions or further information, please contact the Orchestra Director